I need help preventing Posterjet software from creating Rich black automatically

csanatar

Hi,

Ok, there is an issue I am having with our large format printer.

We are running PosterJet software to an HP DesignJet Z2100. I have a file that has been properly set up with a background gradient created in BLACK only (only black information in channels in Photoshop, other CMY channels are set to 0, verified by eye drop tool after flattening.) The foreground in the image is a four color photo. When I print this to the z2100, the gradient is converted to a "rich" gradient instead of remaining as a black only gradient. How do I retain the BLACK only gradient for the background?

Does your inject support spot color printing ? If so, you may be able to re-name that object Spot Black or some Black PMS color. Also, on some printers, they have a setting built into the device that enables black only black imaging - many injects - by default - have that turned off as the black in is not opaque enough - and they convert to make it 'more deep' of a black.

Hope that helps.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back