Igen 4 info, need ultra tight registration

UK Printer

We currently print jobs on a Kodak Nexpress 2500, we run lots of B3 board, and matt lam and SPOT UV using an Autobond SUV.

Circumstances have changed with our current press supplier and we need to find an alternative. Its really important that we can get repeatable, day to day register to sheet, so that we can drop UV on top.

The nexpress has a physical sidelay, that machine has a habit of drifting all over if its not monitored like a hawk, but i'm led to believe its the best of the bunch for register.

Top of the list at the moment to replace the machine is the Xerox Igen4, does anyone have any experience.

Is it capable of holding image to sheet position accurately, front to back reg etc.

We're realistic.

Tim

I can't comment on the iGen4, but I would think that on the top of the line machines they would stop playing around and simply put a press feeder and register mechanism on them.

I run the iGen150 and the registration is very tight we have run many jobs that has a are very critical tight registration need and all the client's have been very pleased

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back