illinois taxes almost doubled

rbailleu

yesterday in the dead of night the illinois legislature voted to raise taxes on everyone and every business in the state. from 3% to 5%. 66% increase. anybody else in illinois concerned. I wonder what RR donelly will do.

yesterday in the dead of night the illinois legislature voted to raise taxes on everyone and every business in the state. from 3% to 5%. 66% increase. anybody else in illinois concerned. I wonder what RR donelly will do.

Yes, after the lavish inauguration parties they had at the state capitol two days before it's a real slap in the face. There is not one politician at the state level that is not a flat out thief in this whole state. We should change the name of the state to corruption.

On the plus side, our state taxes are still cheaper than neighboring Iowa and Wisconsin.

yes wisconsin and iowa are higher, but misouri, indiana and kentucky seem to be interesting options. I personally dont see a mass exodus. I am unpset that they have not looked at any options to cut costs.
thats what I now have to do. to the estimated sum of $2500. plus the increased cost of goods from companies that will have to raise prices.

if you want stories of corruption talk to karl williams in springfield about selling printing equipment to the state. he hired private investigators to catch the guys asking for bribes. actually caught a couple and the charges would eventually be dropped when it got high enough up the ladder.

if you want stories of corruption talk to karl williams in springfield about selling printing equipment to the state. he hired private investigators to catch the guys asking for bribes. actually caught a couple and the charges would eventually be dropped when it got high enough up the ladder.

So it was just business as usual! :mad:

exactly. they cant ever play it straight

And it doesn't matter what political party or governing body they belong to. You've got crooks everywhere.

I guess it shouldn't surprise me that one political party in Illinois basically sat on the sidelines during the whole thing. They all cast their no votes, but I didn't see them suggest any specific cuts or proposals for anything different. I'm guessing they knew an increase was necessary (because both parties spent money the state didn't have for years), but they won't have to suffer any consequences since they didn't vote for it. Chicken salad?

I would not want to get to political about which party got us into this mess. yes they both have crooks

but to be frank I think down state would be better off if we split illinois into 2 states. everything north of I 80 east dekalb would be the new state of chicago. whats left is illinois.

I would not want to get to political about which party got us into this mess. yes they both have crooks

but to be frank I think down state would be better off if we split illinois into 2 states. everything north of I 80 east dekalb would be the new state of chicago. whats left is illinois.

It's got my vote.

... everything north of I 80 east dekalb would be the new state of chicago. whats left is illinois.

For the love of all things real and holy, please take everything west of I-47 with you into the new Illinois!!!! I grew up in rural McHenry County, still have family farming there. It makes me cry to see what has happened to southern McHenry County.

I will take it. do we get that 250 million dollar bypass hastert brought home as well

Last edited:
I will take it. do we get that 250 million dollar bypass hastert brought home as well

There ya go. Another totally unnecessary piece of highway that is being pushed by politically connected people who own property along the right of way. I'm sure that a lot of them are friends of the old wrestling coach.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back