Illustrator CC 2017 Grid not square to document

Illustrator CC 2017 (21.1.0) Mac OS 10.11.6

The grid (view /show grid) is not square to the document page it is angled. If I place something, draw a shape, or add text it gets placed at the angle of the grid. Not square to the artboard. See attached screen shot. Has anybody seen this before? How can I get the grid back to square.
Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• photo6666.png
    photo6666.png
    56.1 KB · Views: 243
Yes closed and reopened document. Closed and restarted Illustrator. Restarted the Mac. Created a new document and the same angled grid is there. Can't seem to find anything in preference settings. Strange...

namelessentity. Thanks that's the info I needed! In my case it was the "Constrain Angle" setting in the General Preferences. Mine was 2 degrees should be 0. Didn't know it had to do with the grid. Thanks again for the help.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back