Illustrator CS4 Artboards and Esko EPF or PDF??

mschilling

I was impressed with the powerful Artboards feature in CS4. Resizing, centering artwork, and multiple artboards are easily done. I am wondering how Esko epf export will handle the increased options available. Any response to this change? Can we have more than one epf page size exported from Illustrator?:D

I was impressed with the powerful Artboards feature in CS4. Resizing, centering artwork, and multiple artboards are easily done. I am wondering how Esko epf export will handle the increased options available. Any response to this change? Can we have more than one epf page size exported from Illustrator?:D

Hi,

DeskPack 7 R6, in addition to "Esko EPF" exports directly to "Esko Normalized PDF".
I'm not Sure if the tool "Trim Box and Media Box" has also changed.

http://www.esko.com/Web/site.aspx?p=278

Regards,
D

Last edited:
We haven't got the R6 on our Macs yet, but it looks great with exporting directly to normalized pdf. Now that Backstage isn't needed to normalize the epf, how are the images handled? Does the exported pdf use linked Photoshop images now, instead of the Esko CTs? Are there options when exporting as normalized pdf? Has anyone got a screenshot they can share of the export window? Thanks!:D

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back