Illustrator CS5 - Unstable on MacOS 10.8.2 / New MBP

chevalier

I upgraded to a new MacBook Pro yesterday loaded with 10.8.2 and just got all of my apps loaded (CS5, CS6, SuitcaseFusion4 etc.). Illustrator CS5 has already crashed on me 3 times in the last hour. I have used Illustrator CS5 on 10.8.x on my MacBook Air over the past year without issue. We also upgraded to Suitcase Fusion 4 and I have some of the Esko DeskPack tools installed on CS5 (as CS6 compatibility still isn't available). However Illustrator seems to be crashing immediately when I open a document or enable a layer leading me to believe that Suitcase and DeskPack have nothing to do with this.

Thoughts? Insights? Comments? Suggestions?

Problem resolved. The Adobe updater had not prompted for updates to be applied to CS5 only CS6. I haven't had a single crash since updating.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back