Illustrator white line over black background is 5% black instead of white

Nivin

I have a white line on top of a black background that is showing 5% Black. The white line has no Transparency, no Opacity. I even put in on a new layer. Even though it reads 100% white, it is coming out about 5% black.

If I copy and paste it in place about 3 or 4 times, it will then appear 100% white. So, I think it has something to do with Transparency.

After outlining the stroke and filling with white we were able to get it to be 100% white, but why will the stroke not be 100% white?

We finally figured this out. The original art has the strokes Black with Opacity at 90%. When changed strokes to White 100%. But even though everything said 100% Opacity, it was holding on to the 90% Opacity.

When we change the original stroke to Black 100%, THEN changed to White, it worked!

That's why you sometimes have to try everything you can think of, even if it doesn't make sense. I've had weird problems like that with incoming artwork quite a bit.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back