Image Viewer Not Working

tpmar

I've got 2 Ricoh 9100's both with the E83 controller and Fiery Command work station currently at version 6.5.0.292. The strange thing is that Image View no longer works on either? Whenever I try to use it on either controller I get the attached error message. If I "OK" out of this error message it will open, and on the left I can see the pages, but the main screen is blank. I don't use this often but do have a few jobs that I tweak colors using this so it would be great if I could get it working again. Thanks.

Attachments

• IV_error.JPG
    IV_error.JPG
    23.1 KB · Views: 277
I assumed you have talked to EFI. Were they not able to help?
Yes and no. They want us to gut everything and reload from scratch. Have done that 5 times now on our one machine, I know that clone tool is supposed to speed this process up but we've never got it done in less than a shift. Workloads at this point won't allow us to do that at this time.

Gut everything? At worst you should be able uninstall CWS but sounds like you have already tried that. Is this a client or the server? From your message it sounds like the servers. What about just using a client if that is the only problem on the servers?

Try digging into Windows error messages as it might give you a better clue.

Does it work on another computer with command workstation installed? (I am assuming you are running command workstation on the Fiery when you have the errors.)

Does it work on another computer with command workstation installed? (I am assuming you are running command workstation on the Fiery when you have the errors.)
That's what makes it even more strange to me. I've got 9100's both running the same version of command workstation and the problem is on both. I should hear something back from my Fiery tech today.

Tom I got his the other day and updated the fiery and it went away. Real weird. You get yours resolved?

Tom I got his the other day and updated the fiery and it went away. Real weird. You get yours resolved?
Thanks for letting me know. Kind of a good and bad thing, we've been so busy, haven't had a chance to do anything with it yet! But I hope in the very near future to update.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back