Importing Printsmith data into Printers Plan?

AC Prepress

My company recently bought another small print operation. They used Printsmith for their ticketing while we use Printers Plan. Has any one had any experience trying to merge job data from one into the other? Is it even possible?

I haven't worked with this particular transition of PS to PP, however, I've worked with several others over the years and it is generally possible. I would suggest working with the techs at PrintReach/Printers Plan so they can walk you through the steps. Generally, you just export the data from PrintSmith and they might need to run a custom script to import the data and match the fields. There may be a one-time charge for them doing this for you depending on your contract, but it could be well-worth it to save you all the time of manually entering it.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back