Impression Quality of X P 7760 and 7500

curveto

If anyone has a Xerox Phaser 7760 or 7500 in conjunction with an iGen, NexPress or Indigo I'd like to know more about these proofer's image quality (feel free to compare against the presses since I have a mental re-collection of each of these but not the Phaser's).

Specifically interested in...

1) ...any annoying (vs. offset expectations) screening / dithering effects? (the NxP and Indigo don't, for example)
2) ...any reflectivity issues? (a la early iGens)
3) ...any other metamerism-ish / gradient step / postering issues?

Thanks!

You are comparing $5,000 color printers with some $500,000+ digital presses.

I don't understand what are you trying to accomplish.

You are comparing $5,000 color printers with some $500,000+ digital presses.

I don't understand what are you trying to accomplish.

Correct.

I wasn't asking how do they compare when printing a stacker full of paper or after introducing some measure of cost. Just wondering if the "per piece" image quality matched up. ...or rather to what extent.

Just wondering if the "per piece" image quality matched up. ...or rather to what extent.

Difference in quality exists. Image Quality is subjective, it's up to you to decide how big is the difference between them.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back