In the near future. Thermal or CTcp

Sahamitr

My family is a small printing house. Our mostly job are require only normal quality.

2 years ago we buy a basys print ctcp.(unfortunately)

Only one of its advantages is the low plate cost.

Now we think to upgrade or change our platesetter.
But my dad only think of low plate cost.

Please help us make decision between buy a new Thermal CTP or turn my old Basys to the newer version of secondhand Basys.

But some dealer told me that in the near future the cost of thermal plate price will lower from present. Really ?

Thank you.
Sorry for my bad English.

Last edited:
My family is a small printing house. Our mostly job are require only normal quality.

2 years ago we buy a basys print ctcp.(unfortunately)

Only one of its advantages is the low plate cost.

Now we think to upgrade or change our platesetter.
But my dad only think of low plate cost.

Please help us make decision between buy a new Thermal CTP or turn my old Basys to the newer version of secondhand Basys.

But some dealer told me that in the near future the cost of thermal plate price will lower from present. Really ?

Thank you.
Sorry for my bad English.

Being a Kodak employee, my obvious answer is "thermal!"... but not just because I work for Kodak, and not just any thermal device. I also thoroughly believe in the advantages of our technology.

However, even that answer depends on a lot. What type of printing work do you do today? What do you want to do in the future? What limitations are you running up against with your current system, and what's the business impact of those? What plate volume do you use per year, and what is your local plate pricing like? Where is your business?

That's just a start... it's not an easy decision, but you first have to have a clear understanding of what challenges you're trying to solve by upgrading, and what doors you want to be open for you in the future. A CTP investment should be a 5-10 year partnership... think of where you'll be (or want to be) at that time, and ensure that your choice doesn't limit you from achieving that path.

I'm very glad to help - but it will take some in-depth discussion to get any really valuable insight on what's best for your business. Contact me by email or private message if you'd like to do that, I'm happy to help.

Kevin.

I'm with Kevin. THERMAL. Shop around. With the economy the way it is you can pickup a great used machine at a great price. We have owned Violet and Thermal and by far thermal is the way to go.

Dear Kevin

Thank you so much for your help. I really appreciate. After search for information from internet , user around us and calculate any cost.
Now I think I have answer in mind.

Yours Sincerely
Sahamitr

Last edited:
Dear Kevin

Thank you so much for your help. I really appreciate. After search for information from internet , user around us and calculate any cost.
Now I think I have answer in mind.

Yours Sincerely
Sahamitr

I'm always glad to help! Just out of curiosity, what answer did you come up with? What factors in your business needs influenced that choice?

Kevin.

I would go Thermal too, my friend. you can buy low cost plates from china or India, would recommend you Fuji plates, here in mexico are one of the best options for Plates.

send me a PM, i can help you selling your basysprint, here in mexico i have some crazy customers that love that machine. and i would tell you those machines are great only if you have the right Tech by your side. as you might have seen the need too much operator tricks to be working fine. and you lack of a tech. then the y could become hell on earth. so will be glad to help you moving that machine out of your shop.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back