INDD 16.2.1 Save Issues on Mac

chriscozi

Noticed and confirmed an issue with the latest INDD update -
Crash on 'save, save as, etc.'is back - the last time was a couple of years ago.
At least you can export a PDF to save your changes to finals.
A work around right now seems to be to save after each change you make.
I would appreciate any additional feedback from other users.

Haven't seen the issue. And no one else has complained about it at my workplace. I would have for sure heard about it if it were happening here. LOL

We work on server volumes for production files.
We are still not running the newest SMB stack on the Macs either.
So networking open files could be the cause.
What's your workflow like, Joe?

We work on server volumes for production files.
We are still not running the newest SMB stack on the Macs either.
So networking open files could be the cause.
What's your workflow like, Joe?
This is definitely the issue. We have a rule with our designers - no opening jobs on the SMB share, too risky. We copy/paste the jobs locally to edit, then copy/paste back to the network share when updated.

In our shop, we have Synology too,with SMB3, but have all Prepress copy down jobs before working on them. Then when they are done, copy and replace. Sometimes we open files on the NAS, just to look at, be almost never to work on. But I can not guarantee what employees do 100% of the time.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back