InDesign’s Data Merge

Fyshy

How can I apply master A to just odd pages? And master B to even pages? This would really help with smaller data merge file sizes. Thanks.

I have a script that inserts Master B every other page, but it doesn't look like a can post a .jsx file here. I don't know the first thing about creating scripts, but here's the text if I open it in Notepad. I'm not sure if that helps, maybe someone else can provide better direction.

var myPages = app.activeDocument.pages.length;

var ad = app.activeDocument;

for (var i = myPages-1; i>=0; i-- )

{

var myPage = ad.pages.add(LocationOptions.AFTER, ad.pages);

myPage.appliedMaster= ad.masterSpreads.item('B-Master');

}

It's all A master. Just make the master page 2 pages - odd on the right, even on the left - and set your pages to facing pages. MasterPageA.pngResults.png

You can do it as non-facing pages as well. Make your master with odd on the left and even on the right. In the pages pallet, make sure "Allow Selected Spreads to Shuffle" is checked and "Allow Document Pages to Shuffle" is not checked. Then drag page 2 to the side of page 1 on the pages pallet.
SinglesMasterA.png

Last edited:

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back