indesign CC crashing when creating merged document

wonderings

Trying to do a simple merge in indesign CC (9.2) Its only about 27 pages it should be making, but it crashes every time. I did the usual restart, same problem. I then decided to try a new document, made a new excel file to convert to CSV. Content was just numbering down 1 to 10 and a second column a to j. Crashes as well, so its not the file I am working with.

Anyone else have this problem? Trying to narrow down whats going on here, not sure if its just my machine or if this is a major problem everyone is having with indesign and this version.

It is a problem that is indesign wide with vs 9.2. Was on the adobe forum and found I was not alone. The fix was to trash the preference file (ctrl cmd alt shit on startup of indesign).

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back