Indesign data merge vs Fiery VDP?

tack

does anyone know if Fiery VDP will out perform Indesign data merge printing to a Fiery?

i have a 7500 2 sided with data merge document
11 x 17 full color
i am looking for the most rapid printing method based to these 2 processes.
i started out using the Indesign data merge but it does seem slow. (only about 13 per minute)

any suggestions will be appreciated.

thanks!

InDesign's Data Merge is a useful feature, but pales in comparison to a true Variable Data package.
Chances are, if you have no VD software, you could increase InDesign's performance by utilizing the Fiery Rip's "Print Master" feature.
Basically, your Process and hold your InDesign static elements, and select Create Master from the Fiery VDP Options tab.
Create a second ID doc with only the dynamic elements, create the merged document, print that and from Fiery's VDP Options tab select "Use Master", (which you named in the prior step).
In my experience the job will fail if the print settings do not match; ie; duplex, media, color, but, you eliminate sending gigs of data for a 7500 piece job.

Hope this helps.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back