InDesign Text Bar

keith1

Greetings,

Yesterday for some reason the text bar (could have a different name) became disorganized from the way I usually view it. For example the 'Paragraph' settings are now on the left, when they previously have been more central. 'Text' section used to be further to the left than it is now . . . This has thrown my entire life into disarray and I've been giving serious consideration to eating macaroni & cheese, which I absolutely hate. I'm certain if it doesn't kill me, it will make me deathly ill, at minimum.

I thought I'd be able to drag sections back to where I want them. Not so. If anyone can help, I'd certainly appreciate. No idea how or why this happened.
Image attached.

Thank you,
Keith

Attachments

• InDesignText.jpg
    InDesignText.jpg
    197.3 KB · Views: 214
Try changing your workspace (Under the window menu). You probably switched it from what it was to something else. Default I think is 'Essentials'.

Hi Joe,

It's always been Essentials. I did try changing it just to be certain. Changing only seems to affect what palettes show up. Thanks though.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back