Indigo DFE using virtual computer

RGPW17100

Our Indigo DFE is in a different room then the machine. We are using a virtual computer to emulate the DFE. My question is in the vitual computer can you down load acrobat reader and use it? This whole system is kind of awkward and we dont want to mess it up by trying to do something that will cause it to fail. Currently in the virtual computer we have firefox and IE. The computer is a Mac. The only way we can view the pdfs is to rip them to the DFE and then we can preview there. It would be nice to use acrobat to view the files before we rip them especially with large variable files.

You are probably accessing via remote desktop right? You *shouldn't* have any problem installing Adobe Reader on the DFE. Just don't install Google Chrome or that Macafee anti-virus crud Adobe installs with Reader. Ask your vendor, they'll tell you.

Yes remote desktop. The computer that is the remote is a mac. The dfe is a PC. I am guessing then I should download the PC version of Acrobat. Or should I download acrobat on the DFE. If I did this would my remote desktop see this and allow me to use it?

You are using the Remote Desktop program on the Mac to connect to the PC. So you're doing everything on the PC (remotely). Just another kind of remote control. So any PDF that you'd want to view on the PC you'd need to install Acrobat on the "remote" PC/DFE. You're just using the Mac as a way of getting to the PC.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back