Indigo vs. Nexpress

the indigo is a great machine. I dont have a 7000 but ours has been nothing but excelent. It's possible that you just had a bad tech install it and if you just ride out the problems it may come fine. our 3500 was working great on the 3 day after its arival and have had no serious problems since. This doesn't sound like indigo to me

indigp problems

indigp problems

Sounds like you have 2 problems.
1. Expectations and/or vs. what manufacturer told you upfront about the capabilities that the 7000 could do or not do? If they said it could do certain things and it does not, well that is misrepresentation of their product and I would start by officially putting your complaints in writing. If they told you it would be a soft ware upgrade, get it in writing and make sure it spells out time frame and who is to bare costs, etc.

If you did not know about the tech specs, then that iit would seem to me that someone did not do their homework before buying.

If the initial install was a problem, and this happens with equipment, You should not be paying for a de-install unless you caused the problems. Even then, you should discuss with vendor, put it in writing and do not sign-off until you are happy.

If all else fails, hold back payment,

Well our set up guy did forget to plug in a few cooling fans and motors etc. We tried to explain to the owner that the kinks just need to have time to get worked out but he isn't really trying to hear it right now. Hell we even found the set up guys flashlight in the bottom of our press and we got the press On sept 29! I was just hoping someone knew of a study that was done on the nexpress because they sure went to great lengths to do one on the HP 5500.

At least your getting a flash light out of it!:rolleyes:

well said by signature, just dont sign the install complete docs untill you're happy. then you never have to pay anything. I'd be putting the hard word on to your rep. to me it sounds like you had a crap tech install it, which can make a HUGE difference!

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back