Indy CS2...changing links??

Anyone have an easy way to.
Lets say you have a 24up BC layout on 11x17 right.
The PDF file that was imposed was 5416_v1.pdf...
Then the customer makes changes, and your new file is 5416_v2.pdf

I want a way to globally change the link and it understand that all 24 cards / PDF files are the same.
Then updates all 24 at one shot...

Re: Indy CS2...changing links??

I would move the original V1 file somewhere else, rename the V2 back to V1 and let indy update the file.

Thank Cory...
Yes, I've done this. It's nice on the fly.
But my fear is workflow issues on re-orders, if the newest V# is not updated and the wrong v# gets used.

If our file folders are not well organized....I get real mad.

I heard CS3 has what I'm asking. Going to upgrade. I like that you can import mult-graphics too.

yeah, it's not the best solution, but the only suitable one I have found so far...I will have to give CS3 a try tomorrow and see if it can do what you are after...I've installed it, but haven't had much time to check out new features yet.

When placing a link or updating a link, you can easily choose to check 'Update all occurrences of 'file name'', and it will do it.

Don

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back