Inexpensive Web2Print Program

Drawkward

I just came back from a conference at Xerox and all of the other printers there talked alot about their Web2Print solution. They of course recommended purchasing one outright because the overall cost is lower, but they were all significantly larger shops.

I am looking for a real basic solution that would be hosted off-site. I am not interested nor can afford the hardware needed to really get big time rolling into this but would like to start taking steps in that direction, even if it is baby steps.

Anybody have some recommendations that they may use or have used and outgrown that they would recommend. Thanks

TribalSketch - Affordable Web2Print

TribalSketch - Affordable Web2Print

Please make a note to stop by booth 5651 at Graph Expo and have a look at TribalSketch.

TribalSketch is targeted at helping commercial printers capture their share of the more than $200 billion small business marketing collateral and consumer personal publishing markets.

The newest addition to the TribalSketch suite of features is online estimating. Estimating is handled by an easy to use administrative feature for entering product and pricing configurations, these are then served to your site visitors through a simple and clean interface that lets your visitors select the products, styles, quantities, and options they want and get your latest pricing.

TribalSketch is a “You Host It” web application that provides a customer portal where site visitors can create custom designs for a wide variety of printed products, quickly and easily right in their browser. They can manage saved designs and create a “Flip Proof” of designs. “Flip Proof” is a new interactive proofing tool that allows users to flip the proof like real paper in their browser. Business cards flip over to show the back, brochures allow you to flip through all of the pages like a real paper brochure.

“We will be previewing our much anticipated version 2 of our Flash based online design tool at the Graph Expo show”, says David Lewis, President of Lucid Dream. “This new version sports a sleeker looking user interface and new features like PDF object import capability!”

During the Graph Expo show Lucid will be offering a complete package that includes Website/Logo design, the full TribalSketch package with permanent unlimited usage, the Flip Proof server, estimating package, installation, training and one year of support and upgrades for a single low price.

David Lewis
Lucid Dream Software

Xerox solution is quite expensive, the TribalSketch mentioned above may be better, don't know the costs of it. We use a pay-per-service of zetaprints.com and find it quite ok.

Hi Smatros

Hi Smatros

i have seen one called laneprinting.com
he is my neighbour next door and i know he didn't pay much for it
maybe you can ask him

later
Roni

What are you seeking for in a web2print solution? Do you want your customer to be able to upload, preflight, proof and order through a website, without any 'direct' contact? How far do you want stuff automated? Are you printing one-offs or large quantities?

Tobias

Also, what kind of knowledge do you have in-house? Especially setup and maintenance can really be expensive you need to outsource it all. Perhaps a relatively simple solution based on PDF, JDF and PPML can be created to fit your needs.

Last edited:
was it the IPN convention?
because i was there and i could only see the B2CPrintShop system.
i trying to get some opinions about it before purchasing.

Cheers,
Larry

Hey, Why can't you create JDF file from your existing portal and send the job to printer ?? I am just trying this approach !! not sure about cons... we have our own portal but we need only one thing, that ready to print pdf files to be sent to printer directly... please suggest if you can in this, I appreaciate it.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back