Info needed on wide format upgrade please

Our Epson inkjet has developed a head issue and it's worth more than the cost of the machine to replace sadly.

I am considering replacing with either an eco sol or latex machine to bring all work in house (we currently put out work for external applications), can anyone recommend a machine and provide the positive and negatives for both eco sol and latex?

Main uses will be roll up banners, posters, outdoor banners etc and we will look in to bringing in work for other applications as time moves on.

Any info appreciated, there is a lot of info on line and from the distributors but nothing better than getting good honest input from the end users!

Thanks

I would look into a Roland eco sol. I can't say enough good things about roland. I would shy away from Mutoh but I think Mimaki has a decent product also.

We have a fleet of rolands that run 24/5 for the last 5+ years.

Actually and truthfully, mainly what you'll get from end users is, "I love mine!"

It's a pretty good bet that they're not all that familiar with what else is out there, and the answer to your question in any event is that it depends entirely on what you want to do. There's no perfect machine out there, and they all have some strengths, and some weaknesses.

That said, I do see them all and have a pretty solid idea of the overall print quality of just about every machine out there, and the first thing I'd caution you on is that none of these machines will print as well as an aqueous Epson. If you're looking to replicate that kind of quality, there simply isn't any eco-sol or latex that will do the job.

I'd advise some pretty careful research before you pull the trigger on any new machine.

Mike Adams
Correct Color

You might want to PM David Milsock . . he is in that world and seems to know a lot about it . . . .

I would recommend looking at either the HP Latex 360 or the EPSON S Series Solvent printers (the fastest solvent printer on the market!) My company LexJet specializes in providing all the resources you could want on these machines and we also supply them. Feel free to reach out to me and I can help you out!

[email protected]
941-906-3123

We run both, Roland and HP360. Both will do banners and posters. Both machines are not Epson for color proofs. Roland is bullet proof for banners and vinyl. HP 360 is a lot more maintanance than the Roland, a lot more. Make sure you get the right rip with PDF engine.

We run both, Roland and HP360. Both will do banners and posters. Both machines are not Epson for color proofs. Roland is bullet proof for banners and vinyl. HP 360 is a lot more maintanance than the Roland, a lot more. Make sure you get the right rip with PDF engine.
What is the right Rip for the PDF Engine?, thanks!

Newest Onyx Thive is what we run. They now include True PDF engine. At least that what I was told.

...the answer to your question in any event is that it depends entirely on what you want to do. [...] none of these machines will print as well as an aqueous Epson. If you're looking to replicate that kind of quality, there simply isn't any eco-sol or latex that will do the job.
He said they need to do outdoor applications. I don't believe aqueous will do the job as the inks fade quite rapidly outdoors and require lamination for any sort of longevity. Latex, UV, and Eco-Solvent are all suited for outdoor. Additionally, while quality is always important, for outdoors, the sharpness of detail isn't as important because the viewer can't tell the difference from a distance. Yes, color is important too, but I'd venture to say that most of the big brands do a pretty decent job at color.

I've personally had experience running a Roland for outdoor signage (at an airport) and it was a solid unit. I also know of 2 companies in my area that got the newest HP Latex hybrid flatbeds and they both rave about them.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back