Ink reaction time on sheet

pacificiam

Hi to All,

We have ryobi 4 colour m/c.
Whenever my operator doing inking from his console he got the result of it after 500 sheets.

Is it related to viscosity of ink?
If my ink have less viscosity can my operator get result in less sheets??

There can be many reasons for slow response time that can be related to adjustments in the press that are not set properly.

But even if everything is set properly, response time is related to the ink storage capacity of the press and the amount of coverage of the printed image.

High coverage responds faster and low coverage responds slower on a given press.

If much of you work is low coverage, then you might see slow responses.

Also if you have started close to the final settings for ink keys that you would get with an ink key presetting system or if you are starting by just guessing the ink key positions, makes a difference. Manually setting ink keys puts the ink storage on the rollers farther away from the desired condition and then that takes time to get it to the right condition.

As a help, one can over feed ink for a short time to increase density faster or starve ink feed for a short time to decrease density faster.

I am sure you will get more comments from press operators on this that will be helpful.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back