Ink/varnish - amount calculation

Hannes

Hi all,

can anyone give me a internet link or something so I can calculate the amount on varnish that has been used during one job.

Best regards,
Hannes

Your press crews don't record that information? Or are you looking for a estimation of pounds chart for ink useage?

the thing is that I'm selling waterbased varnishes. One of my client wanted to test these varnishes and now we do not know how much did they use it.

Rjlitho

Rjlitho

Email me @ [email protected] I have a calculation program fro my coating supplier that is very accurate .

Ink L X W X %OF COVERAGE X #OF SHEETS DIVIDED BY 1,000,000 THIS WILL GIVE YOU KG

Bob M

ink calculation

ink calculation

can you please solve this equation by example ,so we van under stand it ?.:)

Rjlitho

Rjlitho

28 x 40 x 10,000 sheets x 75% coverage Divide 1,000,000= 8.4 kg =18.49 lbs .

You do not always need the percentage if you know the square inches .
I t helps to be familiar with how different inks carry density. Colors with lots of transparent white or metallic ten to use more ink.This will get you very close .I also have my crews fill out a ink sheet for long runs to help out with more accurate mileage on the next run and to check how we made with the quoted amount .

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back