Intec cp2020 pro toner compatability

Blackrainbow

I have resently purchased an Intec cp2020 and have found that the toner cartridge prices in Australia are outragous $530.00 each. Can anyone tell me if this machine takes the same toner as the Okidata C9600, which I believe is drive engine of the machine, as I plan to refill my own cartridges.

Blackrainbow

price of cp2020

price of cp2020

I have resently purchased an Intec cp2020 and have found that the toner cartridge prices in Australia are outragous $530.00 each. Can anyone tell me if this machine takes the same toner as the Okidata C9600, which I believe is drive engine of the machine, as I plan to refill my own cartridges.

Blackrainbow

how much cost of CP2020....

Well - it may not be so simple, i will explain... These printers as well as majority printers sold today, have RFID chips in them that programmed to work with this particular printer only. Yes, despite slight physical difference that can be easily defeated, toner cartridge for C9600 is the same as your intec and you plan on using aftermarket toner, it will be just as good or just as bad for the intec as it is for your OKI. The problem is - once printer detect "toner low" it will go in to "toner empty" soon and will stop operating and there is no way to revive the chip and sadly unlike for many other printers there are no aftermarket chips for intec where there are plenty for okis. Another issue - there might be a different chip in toners sold in US and other countries so lets say these toners are $250 in USA but they, once again, may not work in AU version of this printer - this I am not sure for 100% but OKI - who make these engines do program their printers differently for Japan's, US and Europe's market and toners are marketed differently, like in Europe, for example, they may not offer a choice of low and high yield cartridges, instead sell only something that in the middle.... I just remebered - the newer OKIs use HD toner so if plan to go generic - get toner that suitable for OKI ES-3640, C9850, CX3640. Please keep in mind that if your service dealer will find out that there was generic toner used in this printer - they will, most likely, drop drop your warranty. I have an intec dealer that I am friendly with here in USA, I will try ask them how much the toners are - may be if there is enough of the difference to justify cost of the shipping and investment to buy ahead... Well, i will ask and you decide.

Blackrainbow,

Yes it is the same toner. Relabeled machines such as Intec and Xante do not actually modify the engine (at least not for printers in this class); the differences are purely cosmetic.

Compatible toner is widely available for these machines - just google 'Intec compatible toner'. My first result was this:
Compatible INTEC Color Toner Cartridge - Shop Cheap Compatible INTEC Color Toner Cartridge from China Compatible INTEC Color Toner Cartridge Suppliers at HL Technology (Zhuhai) Co., Ltd. on Aliexpress.com

Disregard the last post; I've reported it to the mods.

The intec can take a really heavier media which leads me to think that there might be so upgrades to internal components to handle such. Unless you really know for sure you must run a 400 gsm or whatever specs of INTEC'S are. for envelopes and cardstock up to 330 Gsm, Intec VS OKI CX3641 difference should be very little to none. For those who would think: "Oh 400 gsm is nice for a rare occasion" think of paying for all the supplies 1.5 times the price for those rare occasions plus it is known fact that max GSM can be achieved under certain ideal conditions and in real life people are having a different level of success printing max spec weights. As to give Mr. Cosmo a straight answer, let me ask you - so you googled and downloaded brochure for Intec than for OKI, you did read it carefully and compared them both right? Or you want someone here to do that for you... I mean no disrespect but really? I did enter what I think because this is visible to all forum members and more but generally a simplest due diligence comes first, questions second...

unlimtedBT, your response to my question is very useless to say the least, i did read both brochures, i just wanted some user experience for some better advice, to me, both of the units look like oversized fax machines, so, i do take disrespect from that reply, why dont you try and be more helpful next time.

Gee! Thanks! You sound unhappy with service provided - sorry about that, I've misread your question than, I thought you asked:
"what is the difference between the intec and oki in simple terms?" where you really asked "Hey guys, anyone owns OKI and or Intec printers, how do you like it?"
Sorry for your bad experience with this tread / my reply Cosmo, sometimes letters do not appear to be what hey are - I misunderstood your question, my fault, won't happen again.

sorry mate, maybe i should have phrased that a bit better, i am a man of few words, usually not the best ones ;)

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back