Intec Digital Printing Solutions

Muddy

So I had a sales guy in my office today showing me some samples from one of their devices. I must say I was impressed with the fact it could print a premade envelope, works with 24pt board and a length of 47 (?) inches. I realize full well I was talking to, and shown samples, by a sales guy but I was impressed that it did things that would appear to be quite different from my KM 6501.

Just want to get a discussion going to see if anyone has any experience, advice or input to offer.

I am at least getting them to put together a proposal for me to see what we are dealing with. He mentioned there is a click charge plus toner usage charge and that scares me a little bit

From the specs, sounds like it is a Xante re-branded for Intec (Xante is a Oki with a few accessories hooked on to it and re-branded for Xante).

I don't have an Intec printer, but I have been to their UK head office for a thorough demo. It is still something that we might consider for envelopes, although I decided to wait and see how the new Memjet based printers from others worked out. I was impressed with the kit and the company. The only weak point to me appeared to be the RIP that they offered as an option.

I don't believe that they have any connection with Xante, but their machines were also based on modified OKI engines. There may well be more non-OKI content in the newer systems.

The proposal I had did not have a click-based maintenance charge, but I think that this is an option, and probably depends on the dealer supplying you.

Find out if the toner is RFID chipped - if so, you'll have to purchase from Intec at inflated prices. Better off just buying an Oki in that case.

It's easy to wow a potential customer with some pristine samples. Just wait until the imaging drums are worn a bit and you will find quality diminishes quickly. Not so much with envelopes and bond, but certainly with card weights.

Paying a click charge for what is essentially an office printer makes little sense.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back