Is Creo Lotem 800v a good ctp machine?

kubisole

I am about to Buy this ctp system, would you please advise me about the tech? the other thing is,
1-does every ctp image setter machine need to have a derby remover in order to perform its operation?
2- I saw in the manual that it has a GTO option, does it mean that do i have to get something additional inorder to make a GTO plate?

Just let me know anything about this maschine before i make the decision.

Peace

They r good machines. But I have always been a screen thermal machine user since day one and I really enjoy them. I have two 8up screen PTRs. Very reliable and robust. U can easily find parts for screen in the used market for quite cheap. Gto option means this machine will have additional punches for the Heidelberg Gto plate clamp. Derby or debris remover comes with every machine. It is the container in which all the punch debris gets collected. If u can get good support for screen in ur region, then go for it. Very user friendly and easy to fix as well. Good luck!!!

The debris removal has nothing to do with the punches. The debris removal unit is installed to help remove the latent dust from imaging the plate and pull it away from the lens to assist in keeping the lens clean. There will be a filter in the exterior part of the unit that will need to be changed once a year or so depending on the size and number of plates imaged.
They r good machines. But I have always been a screen thermal machine user since day one and I really enjoy them. I have two 8up screen PTRs. Very reliable and robust. U can easily find parts for screen in the used market for quite cheap. Gto option means this machine will have additional punches for the Heidelberg Gto plate clamp. Derby or debris remover comes with every machine. It is the container in which all the punch debris gets collected. If u can get good support for screen in ur region, then go for it. Very user friendly and easy to fix as well. Good luck!!!

Having 3 lotem machines and running successfully for more than 8 years i can say that its a wonderful machine but u need a strong technician / technical support ..

regards

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back