Is it Worth To Buy C8000 Or Buy the C70Hc Or C6000

We are a small printshop and have KM c6501 in my office we hardly Print 20K to 40K a Month
But now the colour of c6501 is not good as there r more and more c6000 being install in are area they have nice printquality then me (How to maintain the print quality of a machine? what We have to do day to day to keep machine good Giving good print quality? Is calibration with i1 Compulsory every day? )
How to grow client?

I can offer you a c65hc with 229k only, lcc, finisher, efi fiery pro 80 rip.
Let me know if this sparks any interest.
UnlimitedBT at Yahoo dot com
Roman.

i would prefer c8000. it is far more different with the 65 series. also it has automatic calibration to maintain its print quality. we have been using c8000 for 2 yrs and it is proven to be more reliable than the 6501. as for the 70HC. it stands for high chroma. which allows you to print more vivid images. but i woulf still prefer c8000 compared to 70 HC.

i would prefer c8000. it is far more different with the 65 series. also it has automatic calibration to maintain its print quality. we have been using c8000 for 2 yrs and it is proven to be more reliable than the 6501. as for the 70HC. it stands for high chroma. which allows you to print more vivid images. but i woulf still prefer c8000 compared to 70 HC.

Good Day Sir
The Print Job That u print at Ur WorkShop is Designed by u Or Its Been Provided By the Customer

And What Is the Maximum Job Type u Print? (Brochure, Visiting card, Leaflet, Poster, Marketing Collater, Letter Head Etc)

I have 2 7000P and a 8000 they both print good. The 8000 is faster but with the volume you are doing the 7000P will do the job. Call me I know where there are used ones with very low clicks'Eddie Armendariz 915-253-9954

If you decide to go with the c8000 and can wait a little while they are supposed to be coming out with a new version this fall that is 100 ppm vs the current 80 ppm.

How about longer term registration issues with the C8000. We need to upgrade a 5000ap and have heard tight registration fades with the 8000 after 1 year or so. Any user experiences?

How about longer term registration issues with the C8000. We need to upgrade a 5000ap and have heard tight registration fades with the 8000 after 1 year or so. Any user experiences?

Color registration, or front to back registration? On our C8000 front to back registration has always been poor. Color registration has been decent.
Holding colors (day to day, or even during runs) is another matter - That's a constant battle for us.

Our sales rep tells us that Front/back registration and color stability is greatly improved in the new models (1085/1100) but I'll believe it when I see it.
With the 8000 our tech will come and clean all the registration sensors and it will be good for about a week, and then registration will start bouncing again. On a good day we get about a 1/16 inch bounce (which I've been told for the machine is within spec).

At 20-40k/month, the C8000 (and its replacement models, the C1085 and C1100) are way overkill.

The C6000 has been replaced with a new model, the C1060. At that volume, the "lite" version, the C1060L, is the one to choose, and costs significantly less than the next model up. You can choose between the Fiery controller and the KM controller. The Fiery is more popular and if you already know how to use Fiery, the learning curve is less. But the KM controller has more features at that price point, and is better-integrated with the machine's touchscreen. Makes a nice combo.

Reports from the field indicate that front-to-back image registration is much improved with the new models.

Daily calibration is highly recommended if you care at all about print quality. You should replace your old i1 with a new one.

(Full disclosure, I work for KM.)

Steve

As long as you keep up with your "both side adjust" setting for each paper type and drawer you will be able to maintain a good registration. Something to remember, everything wears down over time and you may need to have a preventative maintenance done, or readjust your registration settings yourself. I have yet to come across any serious registration issues with our C8000 and have nothing bad to say about this machine. It's a good solid digital and I would pick this machine over many of the other name brands out there.

Good luck!

Our sales rep tells us that Front/back registration and color stability is greatly improved in the new models (1085/1100) but I'll believe it when I see it.
With the 8000 our tech will come and clean all the registration sensors and it will be good for about a week, and then registration will start bouncing again. On a good day we get about a 1/16 inch bounce (which I've been told for the machine is within spec).

The only time I ever got any real "bounce" on our C8000 is when I ran some 14 Pt. C2S, which is way above spec for that machine. Running 100# Gloss cover is a breeze for us and is what we run for 95% of our jobs. If we start to see some registration issues, I merely go through the "both sides adjust" functions and it clears it up in a snap.

I think some people assume that digital presses are like offset presses and that they don't need a high degree of care and upkeep to maintain the high quality that they can produce. Don't listen to sales reps (sorry Dwight if you are reading this)! Talk to the tech that comes out to repair and maintain the machines, as they are more likely to give you the real world specifications as opposed to the "book specs". Ask the tech to train you on how to maintain your registration settings yourself so that you don't have to have a service call and down time every time you see a discrepancy in quality.

Just my 2 cents. Hope it helps and good luck!

Ha, Ha, Matt! It's a curse to have the word "Sales" in my title. No---I never play the sales guy when giving advice and also it does me absolutely no good to mislead the customer in my support role. I always give the hard facts. FOR JJUMBO: Very few new 8000's available now, or get a low-click demo or used one from a reputable dealer with certified KM techs for service. Otherwise, go for the new KM1070, which should (could) cost less than a used 8000. The 1070 runs much tighter than the 8000 as it has a lot more active registration going on and more sensors. Creo controller is best in my opinion for lots of reasons and I've had many years on both the Fiery and the Creo. KM--and some dealers--will try to sell you the KM controller and tell you it's just as good as the Fiery or Creo, but it's just not. Happy Printing!

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back