Is this possible? Software recommendation?

We print 8.5x5.5 full color booklets on our digital presses. My graphic artists spend a decent amount of time in Indesign setting up an 8.5x5.5 booklet 2 up so we can print it on our digital presses. Most of our booklets range from 40 to 60 numbered pages. After we print it 2 up, we cut it down to an 8.5x11 and then bind it through our Duplo (booklet maker with a trimmer). I know Indesign has a feature that automatically paginates and adds a creep to a file (we use this all the time for our 8.5x11 booklets and obviously run it 1 up on our copy machines). Are their any programs that automatically paginates, adds a creep, AND sets a file like our 8.5x5.5 booklets 2 up?

Thanks for any help/advice! :)

Last edited:
Fiery Impose

Fiery Impose

We print 8.5x5.5 full color booklets on our digital presses. My graphic artists spend a decent amount of time in Indesign setting up an 8.5x5.5 booklet 2 up so we can print it on our digital presses. Most of our booklets range from 40 to 60 numbered pages. After we print it 2 up, we cut it down to an 8.5x11 and then bind it through our Duplo (booklet maker with a trimmer). I know Indesign has a feature that automatically paginates and adds a creep to a file (we use this all the time for our 8.5x11 booklets and obviously run it 1 up on our copy machines). Are their any programs that automatically paginates, adds a creep, AND sets a file like our 8.5x5.5 booklets 2 up?

Thanks for any help/advice! :)

If you have a Fiery with Graphics Arts module you can add Impose to it. Then you can use Fiery Hot Folders to automate the whole process.

Yes, we can do that with Quite Hot Imposing amongst others. We can set up a complete workflow where we receive the native files or a PDF, gather a bit of pertinent information, preflight and correct the document and then paginate all in one very seamless process. I've done this for several customers. I've got the workflows built (or I can build one quite easily with your choice of tools) and ready to go in a "packaged" bundle. If you want more information please let me know.

Pro Impo solution for 1/2 the price of quite

Pro Impo solution for 1/2 the price of quite

Absolutely Imposing only $395 (1/2 less in price compared to quite impose+) and it handles all biunding methods with dynamic templates. It is also the fastest pro solution on the market (for plug-ins on Acrobat). We offer free demo versions on our web site www .imposition.com.

Best,
Ray Duval
Ultimate Technographics Inc.
raymond @ imposition.com

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back