Issue with AST Rampage Plus 286 EMS board

spadekevin

HI,

So... I recently acquired a second hand AST Rampage Plus 286 board. It appears to be a different hardware rev (202349-001) than any of the documentation, manuals, TH99, etc. that I've been able to find refer to. Long story short, I cannot get it recognized in a 286-12 clone (Packard Bell PackMate III) with MX chipset. The AST software (I used the FASTDISK.zip that is readily floating around the net) with SMART.COM (v1.02 setup software) doesn't recognize it. I think the jumpers are whacked, but I haven't the foggiest what they should be.It was a 3-pin jumper that appears to be a "1-2 or 2-3" toggle which maybe similar in functionality to the other revs (toggles the card back to default settings in the other revs), as well as a jumper block labeled "EBA6510" (pictured below). Nothing I've tried so far has succeeded in getting it recognized. I'm not sure whether it's just dead, or I just haven't found the right jumper settings.Does anyone have any experience with this board?

Please help.

I did not find the right solution from the internet.

Thanks!

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back