Issues with Konica Minolta print heads

artus

Hello, folks.

First off, if this is in the wrong section, my apologies. Obviously I'm new here and this seemed like the proper subforum for this kind of a topic.

Second, I'm also not what you could call a professional when it comes to digital printing. It's not what I went to school for, but it's the job I'm doing right now and I want to do the best I can. However, because of this, most likely I'll come off as a bit of a noob in most things, and I apologize for that too.

Anyways, onto the issue at hand. I work in company from Croatia, on a flatbed digital printer (one of these). The machine is a bit under three years old now. It uses Konica Minolta 512MH printheads and recently we've been having problems with those. More specifically, they started clogging up on us more than usual. First it was just a couple of nozzles, but then more and more. We bought a brand new printhead and replaced the one that was the worst, but there was little improvement as that printhead started clogging up as well.

Now, frankly, we've at a loss. We've been using the same ink that we've been using before and didn't really do anything different than the last two or so years, yet it is becoming more and more prominent problem for us. We've tried flushing the printheads with the cleaning liquid we got from the firm we bought the machine for, but weren't able to get it clean. We even went as far as to send the problematic printheads to Germany, to a company that cleans printheads, and they came back to us worse than they were when we sent them (and they even charged us full price for the "cleaning").

Does anybody here have similar problems, or had them in the past? Because I would certainly appreciate some advice. Is there a way to clean these printheads? A specialized firm maybe somewhere in the world that does it? Because these printheads aren't cheap and we're a relatively small business, so we can't really afford to change them every couple of months.

If anybody can help with some advice or personal experience with similar machines and issues, I would be most thankful.

Hello Artus,
We had similar problem with Epson inkjet head. We use only original consumables and cleaned the head regularly. One day the head start to clog a little bit more frequently than usual. At the end we changed the head, because it was not possible to print. Sorry for the bad news, but it is the reality :(

Good Luck!
Ansoft

Nozzle clogging could be reflection from stray UV light. It also could be ink problem. If nozzle check after cleaning is good but start clogging soon after printing very likely ink temp and pressure setting is not right. 14pl Konica printhead is quite prone to clogging but mainly when use with mild solvent ink. Ask anyone who use a HP9000

Greetings.!! First of all i would like to know whether you are maintaining the room temperature as per the Machine's need or not? is your airconditioner working good in that room. because, due to undesirable temperature in printing room can also make your Print head to clog very easily. check that first.!

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back