JBI DocuPunch

arossetti

Just bought a used DocuPunch and having issues with the setup. Although the manual is so complete and thorough </sarcasm> we are having issues figuring it out. We are currently having 2 issues.

1.) At some point in the process the operator side corner of the document is getting dogeared where the punch is happening. This is happening before it hits the output tray so it is not from the document dropping but more likely at the time of exiting the punch. This might be hitting the backstop?

2.) The jogging feet sometimes miss the stack causing the paper to either miss the die completely or punch in the wrong place, often on the edge of the paper. This tends to happen more with our actual work as opposed to 20# out of a ream wrapper.

If anyone who has experience with this machine have some clues for us I would appreciate it.

Okay, they tell me that you may have a very slight bit of paper in the punch die. You should remove and clean with compressed air to make sure all is perfectly clean.
Make sure the feed area is clean from ANY debris, like tape from previous user and also that nothing is "bent". My operator has left for the day and my bindery mgr will be in early AM. I''ll run this by him:) Stand by...........

Realrdp - thanks for the feedback, support thought my dog ear issue may also be a stuck "chad". For the feet not working consistently they think it may be a timing issue. Looking at it in operation it does appear that the punch occurs before the feet engage to jog.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back