Job Training

gordo

261%20Job%20Training_zpsceyxmpiv.jpg

I get so sick of hearing "We can't find qualified people who want to work" from the other managers around here. Suggest a training program with rewards for achievement the higher ups chime in "We cannot afford that". Which begs the question can you afford not to run the plant efficiently?

Last edited:
I hate this kind of situation, on one hand, companies are screaming for qualified staff, but the very same company simply will not even consider hiring somebody over 50...
It sucks big time.

I was told I was too old (then 52) to sit at a computer 8 hours a day by a company Prez after the VP had verbally hired me.
I replied "40 hours a week would be rough since I was working 60+ hours a week at the time and had never worked a 40 hour week in my career (always over)"

I was told I was too old (then 52) to sit at a computer 8 hours a day by a company Prez after the VP had verbally hired me.
I replied "40 hours a week would be rough since I was working 60+ hours a week at the time and had never worked a 40 hour week in my career (always over)"

When I worked at Creo/Kodak I was the only one in my group that never had a sick day off in eleven years. I guess at my advanced age I'd already fought off all the cold/flu bugs that vexed my younger colleagues. LOL but management always seems to think that older workers are weaker workers. Ageism sucks.

Ageism sucks.

It's a two way street. I can't tell you how many times I've been dismissed because "hell, I have kids your age / older than you" and the fact that I look ~10 years younger than I actually am.

I was born in '86 for those wandering. I also love the fact that I still look 20 while most of my friends are starting balding, etc.

When I worked at Creo/Kodak I was the only one in my group that never had a sick day off in eleven years. I guess at my advanced age I'd already fought off all the cold/flu bugs that vexed my younger colleagues. LOL but management always seems to think that older workers are weaker workers. Ageism sucks.

I actually applied for a job at CreoKodak in Switzerland a few years ago and got to second base with HR, I had omitted my age in the CV and look younger than I am, this guy told me that thankfully I was not over 50 and could have the job, I told him then that I was in fact 52 (at the time) and never heard from them again.

We are fully committed to the apprenticeship system and this year one of our fantastic crew was awarded the Apprentice of the Year title, the problem isn't one of training or lack of it, the problem is with some in management lacking vision.

We are fully committed to the apprenticeship system and this year one of our fantastic crew was awarded the Apprentice of the Year title, the problem isn't one of training or lack of it, the problem is with some in management lacking vision.
"If only they could see what I see" laments the pressman; "if only they could see what I see" laments management.
Oh, East is East and West is West, and never the twain shall meet,
Till Earth and Sky stand presently at God's great Judgment Seat

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back