Job won't rip...

kev234

...printing from a new Mac running OSX version 10.56. This is a pretty simple job, printed out of Indesign CS3, and had one Photoshop tif placed in it, along with two Illustrator files placed. We keep getting the error: typecheck; offending command. Job rips fine printing from a Mac running OSX version 10.4.11. We're running Nexus 8.5 rev2. Would love any input...thanks!

...printing from a new Mac running OSX version 10.56. This is a pretty simple job, printed out of Indesign CS3, and had one Photoshop tif placed in it, along with two Illustrator files placed. We keep getting the error: typecheck; offending command. Job rips fine printing from a Mac running OSX version 10.4.11. We're running Nexus 8.5 rev2. Would love any input...thanks!

Do you have the same fonts systems in the two mac?
Did you try opening the illustrator files?
Do you print as PS or direct to rip?
Do you embed the fonts in the PS?
Did you try to PDF from Indesign and print the PDF?
What happens when you distill the PS in Distiller?

RE:

RE:

Every time I get that error I have to kill my interpreter and restart it. Then jobs will flow fine. It mostly happens on our output Nexus box.

Do you have the same fonts systems in the two mac?
Did you try opening the illustrator files?
Do you print as PS or direct to rip?
Do you embed the fonts in the PS?
Did you try to PDF from Indesign and print the PDF?
What happens when you distill the PS in Distiller?

No fonts used on the job at all.
Printed direct to rip.

I think it's the operating system, not something in the job itself since it works fine from an older Mac. I was wondering if it's something in the settings that I have to change.

To verify it is not the operating system. Try making a postscript straight from InDesign by changing the printer to Postscript. What ever you do, DO NOT make a postscript from the Print Driver "PDF to Postscript".

By creating the Postscript from within InDesign. You will find out if it is the operating system or not.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back