KBA ink ductor timing and Densitronic S

Been running a KBA 105 for a few months now, first KBA I or any of my co-workers have been around. I'm interested to hear how other KBA operators like to run their ductor timings in conjunction with the Densitronic S on different coverage amounts to achieve optimum color stability with acceptable dot gain and print contrast. We all seem to have different theories as to what gets us up to color faster and what holds color best.

Thanks.

Hey Colornumber9;
We have been running our KBA 105 Rapida for almost 3 years now, and we have found it is easiest and better to leave the timing on 100%. Unless you are running something that has very little colour and prepress has not put on a "takeoff bar", then you may want to reduce to 50 or 33%.
If you lower the timing to 50 or 33% regularly, then the keys will open up too much and "blob" ink on. You will constantly be chasing the colour consistency.
Ask away for most things, we have pretty much seen it all on our press.Lol!

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back