KBA / Planeta VN 102 7P 102
7 color 28x40 with Dahlgren blanket coater for 7th unit with extended delivery
Varidamp dampening
Varicontrol (Fuji type) console
Ink agitation
ESS Spray E 500
Herbert IR Dryer
Shows 48

Has anyone here had any experience with these presses? Do they require a lot of maintenance?

Just looking for some opinions. Thanks in advance

92, 1992 ? Back then I worked in a Pressroom next to a KBA but not on that machine. The KBA had a lot of feeding issues. We ran light weight stock on a board press. Built to last but not pressman friendly.

92 is the last of the Planeta before the Rapida. It will be hard to get spare parts depending on the price your company is paying there are better possibilities. The Fuji consol has some problems too and again parts are not made anymore for it.
If your company want some alternatives have the contact me. [email protected].

I have ran Planetas ranging in dates of the late 80's and early 90's (all were large formatt presses 50" to 64"). Fuji has some software issues and the press as a whole we expeirenced electrical issues on and off. One main thing to remeber is to keep the electrical box well ventilated (Heat will kill you with down time). Mechanicaly: keep the grippers clean and well lubricated and it should do you fine.

regarding KBA-PLANETA press .

regarding KBA-PLANETA press .

My company is looking at purchasing a 92 KBA Planeta Press

KBA / Planeta VN 102 7P 102
7 color 28x40 with Dahlgren blanket coater for 7th unit with extended delivery
Varidamp dampening
Varicontrol (Fuji type) console
Ink agitation
ESS Spray E 500
Herbert IR Dryer
Shows 48

Has anyone here had any experience with these presses? Do they require a lot of maintenance?

Just looking for some opinions. Thanks in advance
ernie i think you should call me directly as I have some very important info on the press you are looking at.414-416-2235

Ernie
Please call me asap regarding the press you are considering I have some important info on the press you have been looking at.
ANDY GRISWOLD
414-416-2235

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back