KM AccurioPress C83hc

IgnoreThem

Wondering if anyone has seen some actual prints from the C83hc. Looking at adding the C83hc. Only see stock proof prints. Looking for photo quality and banner printing; proof books, graduation invites, wedding invites promotional banners, etc. Have a canon c700 and c60 doing most of the work.

I did get some actual prints from the C83hc on some of my files a couple of months ago. Yes gamut wise it was impressive but I don't know what the CM settings were nor was I able to calibrate and profile my stock so it is possible it could have been better. Down side was it was only rated at 80,000 clicks a month. Also heard that KM was not selling enough of these and was considering discontinued it. This may have the competitions marketing hype but when I contacted KM directly the salesmen didn't seem to have any or very limited knowledge of this printer. That did not look good to me.

Anyway we got a great offer on a Iridesse and when I finally got my hands on it and started tweaking, calibrating and profiling, the prints I saw from the C83hc were not as good or vibrant as the Iridesse. Would love to see a gamut plot of profiles from the C83hc to compare.

Let's break down your requirements to real-world needs.

Proofing: with the KM C83hc you will not be able to produce contract proofs or validation prints, as the actual pigments' gamut is so much different to conventional (offset or digital) printers' gamut.

Invitation cards, business cards, leaflets: you may be able to print them if you don't need to match a former production's color.

Photo quality printing: this is what the hc is targeted to. You can produce outstanding prints especially if you use RGB source material (PDFs with RGB images embedded).

Banner printing: I don't know if the C83hc is able to print banners - it can be an option, or a paid upgrade (actually a software switch).

Let's break down your requirements to real-world needs.

Proofing: with the KM C83hc you will not be able to produce contract proofs or validation prints, as the actual pigments' gamut is so much different to conventional (offset or digital) printers' gamut.

Invitation cards, business cards, leaflets: you may be able to print them if you don't need to match a former production's color.

Photo quality printing: this is what the hc is targeted to. You can produce outstanding prints especially if you use RGB source material (PDFs with RGB images embedded).

Banner printing: I don't know if the C83hc is able to print banners - it can be an option, or a paid upgrade (actually a software switch).

Looking at the specs the c83hc has a standard CYMK workflow to handle proofing and previously run production colours. It's wider Gamut also allows it to hit a larger number of pantones.

It's a very impressive machine, as a standard digital printer could be a nightmare to compete against.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back