KM C14000 wFiery RIP VDP file format

metromike

Hey folks,
We are changing over from Kodak 2700 to KM c14000.
What file formats work best for efficiency for variable data?
We tried pdf/vt which I was told by our press operator does not work.
We are trying PPML which is giving some ps errors.
It is not clear to me what the mfg recommends.
Straight pdf takes too long to rip.

Thanks,
Mike

Fiery has built-in VDP capabilities which works the fastest (see screenshot below). It works by uploading a master that has no VDP. Then you merge it with a separate file that has a blank background and only the VDP data. You can even still apply imposition functions. Fiery also has a free external software that works with your Fiery controller called Freeform Create.

1680540821603.png

Hey folks,
We are changing over from Kodak 2700 to KM c14000.
What file formats work best for efficiency for variable data?
We tried pdf/vt which I was told by our press operator does not work.
We are trying PPML which is giving some ps errors.
It is not clear to me what the mfg recommends.
Straight pdf takes too long to rip.

Thanks,
Mike
Mike,

The Fiery support many different formats for VDP.
FreeForm Create is also available as a free download and is the most efficiant file format available.
Here are some links to more info.

Thank you for the input.
Good to know about that capability.

We compose files out of FusionPro which often have javascript rules governing certain aspects of the output and/or image swap.
So I was just needing to know what file formats are best used to input into the Fiery.

We are having this same issue this morning. I am outputting from SmartStream Designer. Our KM operator just told me that the PDF/VT format is failing at press. I find this peculiar since the format has been around for 13yrs already and is optimized for digital presses. KM needs to get up to date.

We output PPML from Smartstream Designer for VDP on our Ricoh with Fiery. Note that the 3 files (PPML & 2 x PDFs) need to be zipped into a single archive, and this must be done on a PC. Mac Zip files will fail.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back