KM C6000 problem red full tone

rdd

Hi, I have KM C6000. Problem is in warm red tone. For example (100M, 100Y, 10K) when I have a duplex file where is on the first side red text and on the back full red tone, color is not same. Text is OK, but tone is pale printout over the entire surface. Controller is KM 601. It is like as turned option "toner save mode on full tone" :)
If any knows what the problem is?
Thanx

One of those things that you have to ask with this - most uncoated papers have one side that is far smoother than the other. Any chance that it is just the difference in the paper surface that is causing the density to change from one side to the other? You can test it pretty easily if you want to rule it out - just take 10 sheets, flip every other sheet over before putting it in the PFU, and print 10 of your solid red tone. If you notice a difference every other sheet, that may be the culprit.

I would try Increasing the front/back density. Have not used c6000 but 6501 its under expert adjust/process adjust

Well I don't' no if this helps but I had the same problem on xerox printer a couple of times and I solved it by printing the full tone side first (when printing duplex you can specify which side to print first). In my experience it is always better to print the full tones first and than text) or maybe adjust the paper weight (g/m2) setting one step up.
I hope you solved your problem. And by the way what are your experiences with KM C6000? I am thinking of buying c6000 or c7000.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back