KM C8000 installed tomorrow

We are having a KM C8000 installation tomorrow, which joins our current C6500.

Anything to suggest we ask for regards training?

We are pretty experienced with the Fiery front end, but I understand this will be a newer version running this press.

What the about the engine? Anyone wished they'd asked something during their own install?

There's nothing quite like the excitement of a new press, and all the signs indicate we've chosen a fantastic piece of kit.

I'll keep you all posted :D

I'd insist that they do the advanced operator training. It's a bit late to twist your vendor's arm, but ideally you would have negotiated that they do this onsite, rather than waiting for a scheduled course.

Fierys can be upgraded, so it might be a good idea to get your "old" rip upgraded at the same time (allow for some down time) so that your oppos have a consistent interface.

Sorry, we're still on 6501s, not committed to the 8000 upgrade yet, so can't help with the specific engine gottchas.

I would look back into your recent job history and find a couple of jobs that were a little bit tricky to run, or that you had some issues/work arounds with on your 6501 and
Say ok, heres the problem we had with this job, how do we solve it on this machine (or do we need to?)

Km 8000

Km 8000

I have a 6501 with a Creo rip and it's been a great machine for about 90% of the work we put on it. I demo'd an 8000 about a month ago and it was very impressive. The first, most noticable advantages were 1200dpi over 600dpi- the prints were beautiful and if you didn't have a loupe it looked offset quality. The 8000 also had the double-fuser giving it all the gloss you need compared to the 6501 which has a pretty weak fuser. We're going to run our 6501 a while longer but just a matter of time before we get the 8000. Congratulations!

We have had the 8000 for about a month so far been running great. We have been running mostly 12 x 18 & 13 x 19 14pt put 185,000 clicks and only 1 service call also have the 6500.

We've had a 6500 for 3 years now, and installed a KM C8000 5 months ago.
Ups:
Quality and speed: far, far superior - more than doubled the clicks done on 6500, and given a proper calibration, results are excellent.
Duplex for 300g/sqm
Interface: better

Downs: a job takes up to 4 minutes to start (the 2 fusers take time to adjust) - can be a bit frustrating waiting for the proof copy
Build quality of some parts: crap (really!). From the air nozzles in the large input trays that break around the screws, lower belts in the main fuser that were changed several times during the first 500k clicks, to sensors that give the paper a mind of its own, sometimes.
The Fiery server is based on XP: It crashed several times, needing complete reinstal, so now I'm expert in this field :).

If you like the KM tech guys, it's good: you'll see them a lot :D

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back