Kodak/Prinergy Workflow _ RBA

21c

I am interested to find out if anyone uses RBA in prinergy and what are there thoughts on it, ie pros and cons

Use it everyday, very powerful and useful, can automate all kinds of functions. I have Rules that delete VPS files, send out email notices, Move files, build jobs from hot folder dropped files, etc. Major time savers and standard work improvements. That's the PRO.

The CON is very hard to learn, the learning curve is very hard. Simple Rules are easy to build but quickly get hard as you get more complex. It takes A LOT of time and effort to use it.

BUT, once you get it going, WOW!

I completely agree with jetzerm. We use RBA all the time and it can be a great time saver, but it takes a while to get the hang of writing workable rules.

Be prepared for lots of trial and error.

I'd advise starting out small and writing rules for a few simple things. Some of the most useful for us were rules for deleting restored archives after a couple of days, requesting approvals on Insite, and rules that toggled a job from a "job" to a "pre-job".

The simple stuff will give you the most bang for the buck time-wise, both in time spent building the rules and time saved, and once you get a few of those under you belt you'll start to find ways of using RBA to automate other more complicated stuff.

Shawn

Rba

Rba

Many thanks for replying to this and giving me your thoughts/experience on this, at the moment we are looking into this to see if it is a viable purchase but as usually with kodak
its very pricey

Kodak techs explained to me that RBA would not do the job building we were looking for but customers could set it up to do simple tasks like archiving jobs.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back