Kodak's future?

MattG

Since 99% of us are running either Kodak software or hardware, is anyone that concerned about the state of Kodak? We are in need of upgrading our workflow, I'm getting ZERO response from Kodak on pricing, and we're not sure if we want to invest it in Kodak if it they can't survive. Anyone else have thoughts on this issue??

We have 3 seats of Kodak software / hardware running in 3 locations (Prinergy with Insite, Prinergy, and Evo). In the last 3 months we upgraded the Prinergy seats and Insite. My response from Kodak on pricing and the few calls I made to the response center regarding Insite (we went from V4.5 to 6.1 - quite a change) seemed to be about the same as before Kodak's financial problems.

If one was to compare service / response etc. between Creo and Kodak - well that is another story.

Kodaks future

Kodaks future

Where do you get the numbers to make the statement 99% are running Kodak. We Heidelberg front end - Fuji plates. I worked with Kodak 5 years ago and it was not a good experience. I hope Kodak does well for all there users!

Last edited:
I of course, was referring to those here in the Kodak forum....From my understanding, (at least in this area), are mostly RamPage users....

You are absolutely correct! Sorry I jumped the gun. I'm sure no matter what happens to Kodak, Someone will always support Prinergy and any software related to Kodak/Creo

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back