Konica c4080 vs RICOH 7200 series vs Canon IP C100100p

IgnoreThem

Short Version...Looking to replace canon IP c700 and c60. Looking for any advice (likes and dislikes) of machines mentioned above.

The shop is adding a Duplo DC-618 to do most off the finishing off line.

Will request quotes, machine above; stapling, inline full bleed trimming, perfect binding, spiral, comb, 2,3, and 4 hole punching, basic folding options, banner printing and large capacity trays...

Main projects include wedding, graduation etc invites, brochures, 12x18 and 13x19 printing (some projects are bleed cut) multiple purposes and weights. 2, 3 and 4 part carbonless. Numbered so a good quality paper pickup is needed; Hate having to reprint, cost of digital carbonless is relentless right now, and basic walk in copy shop traffic.

many different paper types.

We print all envelopes with a Xante Impressia so no concern with envelopes.

Would love to goto a show and touch all these machines but every time I get my hopes up they are dashed.

Thanks for your thoughts...

Since you're getting a DC-618, why do you need the digital press to do inline full bleed trimming?
I'd definitely take the perfect binding offline, as it will be more economical on clicks and you're not tied to one engine.

I would not suggest configuring a printer with loads of inline finishing options unless you have a very specific application that justifies it. It is almost always cheaper, faster, better quality, more flexible, more space efficient, and more reliable to do it offline. We have a duplo 646 and it is 1000x better at trimming / scoring than our Konica 6085 could hope to be (I did not configure the Konica when it was purchased, however I did order a replacement printer…Ricoh 7210x, and I made it pretty minimal for finishing and instead am bringing in more offline equipment). In fact, the finishing capabilities of our Konica are the worst features of the machine, imho.

Where I am I don’t feel like Canon is a very serious option, I don’t think they have a big presence so I didn’t even consider them. I’m not happy with our Konica printer or the service, again likely very much a local problem, so I decided not to renew with them. If you have strong service they might be worth considering. We went with Ricoh because I thought it was the best package of features I wanted for the money and size, I prefer their output to Konica, price was great, copy costs great, and I had a lot of good local recommendations (many of our trade partners use Ricoh).

Thank you for your ideas/thoughts. I will relay to the staff. We do have good support with all three products mentioned above. Have used Canon for years but canon seems to be gearing more towards the office/school space and not Print Shop. Thanks again.

I service the canon. Very good machine, I have one with about 34 million on it, one with almost 27 million. Definitely a print shop. I have another with, I think, closer to 7 million. That's more used for mailings. We do sell and service the ricoh. I don't service it, so I can't really say much about it, other than the print shop that bought it is very happy. Seems to run well too. The plockmatic feed unit doesn't impress though. We wound up swapping it out with a ricoh unit. It just didn't work like it should have

I service the canon. Very good machine, I have one with about 34 million on it, one with almost 27 million. Definitely a print shop. I have another with, I think, closer to 7 million. That's more used for mailings. We do sell and service the ricoh. I don't service it, so I can't really say much about it, other than the print shop that bought it is very happy. Seems to run well too. The plockmatic feed unit doesn't impress though. We wound up swapping it out with a ricoh unit. It just didn't work like it should have

Are you talking about the Plockmatic LCT? Do you know what issues they had with it? Just curious I don't have one of those LCTs yet.

Are you talking about the Plockmatic LCT? Do you know what issues they had with it? Just curious I don't have one of those LCTs yet.
It was the LCT. The software didn't communicate well with it. I believe everything came down to how software worked. It was quirky and the deck from ricoh just works

Why wouldn't you be comparing the Canon IP C100100p to the Ricoh C9210? Your comparing the flagship Canon to the runner-up Ricoh. We are replacing a Xerox V180 and a ColorPress 1000i with a Ricoh 7200 and 9210. We need the 5th color of the 7200, but our volume requires a 9210 for the CMYK work. I can say Ricoh has come leaps and bounds the last few years and are way more aggressive than Xerox.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back