Konica C6000 v Ricoh C751ex

BigSi

Any help appreciated. I did have Xerox J75 in this comparison but it is quite a bit more expensive. I realize both machines are getting a little older now but anything newer seems to be out of my budget. How to they compare on- registration, large coverage, Stock weight over specs. (running 300gsm to 350gsm). Not to worried about speed. I know a lot comes down to service but this is one of those things you don't really know until after the machine has been in awhile. I own a xerox 700 but the problem I'm having is running 300gsm+ stock with the finisher attached. Xerox will charge me if I log a service call to disconnect the finisher every time I want to print anything over 300gsm. I know this is not really practical anyway. Thanks Simon

Having a c6000 I can say I would not run anything over 300 gsm on it. Even though we have real good registration the feeder is a week point.We go through a clutch every other month on it. It would be running dog slow too.

I regularly run 130# gloss cover (which is well over 300gsm) through our Xerox 700 with finisher. I just call it 220 in the paper settings and I have never had any fusing or jamming issues at all. What type of paper are you using?

Hi there. Thanks for answering. 310gsm hi bulk art board (it feels more like 330gsm) Tech's can't get it to run. This is my standard b/card stock so don't want to swap it for anything else. If I don't buy another digital press I'll take the finisher off and use the money I was going to spend on a Morgana. Advantages and disadvantages with this but overall I'm disappointed with the 700.

Thanks for this. Sales rep is trying to tell me that it's the greatest press out there for the $$$. I have to admit it's relatively cheap but I do need to run 300gsm to 350gsm threw it.

No, I can use the finisher/stacker no problem. You just have set it to 220gsm when you add the paper to the tray. As long as it fuses, then the 220 setting does not create a problem. I do this regularly with Moorim 130# gloss cover, Cougar #100 Digital (uncoated) cover, 12pt Kromekote, 12pt C2S and a few other matte finish stocks. Sappi Flo Digital is the only line of gloss cover that I have had fusing issues with at these settings, with this machine.

Hi there, my problem is not a fusing issue, it's a jamming issue. 300gsm+ stock will not cope with the bend in the finishing unit. Techs can't seem to help.

So here is another thought. Why not supplement your 700 with a cheap Oki/Xante that you use to just run your business cards on?

I don't know exactly what kind of finisher you have but on my C75 I have the Advanced Finisher (two trays and a corner stapler) and it's got a simple lever to unlock it from the main frame and wheel it away. Never tried running it while it was disconnected though.

What is your grain direction on your business card sheets? It's important that it is grain short.

DO NOT buy the 6000 if you need to run 300-350 gsm all day. We're a KM dealer and we eventually became very sorry we ever sold these machines for that work. They've all either been a huge battle for our service group or we bought so me back and sold the 8000. They're great machines as long as you are running a variety of stocks and only a small portion of that is 300 gsm. We were able to place the ones we bought back, we just needed to find the right home. The new c1070 is awesome though. Very stable color, front to back reg is very tight and vac feed paper drawers, and best it is handling the 300 to 350 gsm duplexing okay.

good to see an honest reply from a dealer, we have an 8000 and it duplexes 350gsm no problem, I am though, hesitant about your claims of how good the new model is, our 8000 is a problematic piece of ***** the same things were said about the 8000 when it came out, perfect colour, perfect rego, perfect this and that, but it just is'nt the case, I would suspect the new model is pretty much the same.

FOR BIGSI:
You are right on the service comment. Regardless of who or what you buy, try and find out how many the service group has in your area, and see if you can talk to any of the existing customers. Find your top three or five concerns and focus on those when making your decision. Keep in mind the 6000 is old technology and I suspect you are buying a demo or used machine? KM has not had any of those in stock since near the begining of the year.

FOR COSMO:
We only sell production-based machines, so just the 6000, 7000, 8000 and 1200/1250. We have many in the field and not much issue with the 8000 except for two sites. The new ones---1070, 1085 and 1100--are definitley better with their redesigns. Biggest pluses are 1) Vac feed paper drawers on all the new ones. This was not available on the 6000 and 7000. 2) Very tight front-to-back reg. 3) Color stability, and this was obvious as soon as I started seeing how tight the target/measured calibration curves were. 4) Developer- infused toner with much lower melt-point and much lower power consumption. Also, the 1100 runs at rated speed even to 300 gsm.

We have 2 6000's and they each have their own personalities. One has a tough time with front-to-back registration while the other has a hard time with 13 x 19 heavy stock. I just wanted to add that if theres any way you can bump up to a 1060/1070 with the air-assist feed system it's well worth it. We added a 1070 early summer and misfeeding is no longer an issue. Yeah, it (was) a new machine but I was waiting to comment on anything about it until it was broken in. I don't know about the Richoh but feed systems make a world of difference, in my experience.

We're a KM dealer and we eventually became very sorry we ever sold these machines for that work.

That's funny. I thought our 6000's were great upgrades from the 6501's. Quality definitely improved as well as drum life, but thats about it. We struggled with heavy stocks and different brands until we found what worked. Finding the right stock is just as important.

Last edited:

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back