Konica Minolta Accuriopress 6136.

JeffJ

Trying to take the B&W copies off my color machine. Any input on the Accuriopress 6136 would be appreciated.

Just had one installed to replace our Bizhub 1200. We also have a Ricoh 8125. I hate the Ricoh and LOVE the KM 6136.

We just upgraded our 3 KM 1250's to 3 6136's. The 1250's were already a solid machine. Saw service maybe once every 2 months, and it was usually just routine maintenance. The new workflow/interface has been great to use since you can now change job settings easily at the machine panel. We have just about every finishing accessory available between our 4 machines (we also upgraded our C8000 to a C6085) so let me know if you have any specific questions. We run everything from standard copies, to saddle stitched booklets, perfect bound booklets, even envelopes as needed.

I think Ricoh 8310 is better on BW than KM 6136. We have KM 1050 and we have only one problem on KM BW machine, is that drum is directly on paper sheet so this can issue for this paper. Ricoh had small transfer between paper and drum and so no problem with heavy paper.

I think Ricoh 8310 is better on BW than KM 6136. We have KM 1050 and we have only one problem on KM BW machine, is that drum is directly on paper sheet so this can issue for this paper. Ricoh had small transfer between paper and drum and so no problem with heavy paper.
Have you actually used the newer versions of the KM b/w line? I don’t think you’re making a fair comparison. The 1050 is ancient!

After that they released the 1051, then 1052/1250 series, and now the 6120/6136 series. A lot has changed since the 1050. The 1250/1052 series changed from drum to a transfer belt like you’re describing and it could run up to 350gsm.

Have you actually used the newer versions of the KM b/w line? I don’t think you’re making a fair comparison. The 1050 is ancient!

After that they released the 1051, then 1052/1250 series, and now the 6120/6136 series. A lot has changed since the 1050. The 1250/1052 series changed from drum to a transfer belt like you’re describing and it could run up to 350gsm.

We have C1085 and BW 1100 KM machine.

Color machine c1085 work great, the only issue is fuser winch is expensive to prepare and overwarmin.
BW c1100 machine work great on 80g paper, but when it come to heavy paper like 350g, we had issue on quality printing due to drum directly in contact with paper. I check 6136 machine and it is exact the same print engine (drum in contact with paper).

Ricoh 8310S serie have transfert unit between drum and paper which can resolve issue for heavy paper.

We have C1085 and BW 1100 KM machine.

Color machine c1085 work great, the only issue is fuser winch is expensive to prepare and overwarmin.
BW c1100 machine work great on 80g paper, but when it come to heavy paper like 350g, we had issue on quality printing due to drum directly in contact with paper. I check 6136 machine and it is exact the same print engine (drum in contact with paper).

Ricoh 8310S serie have transfert unit between drum and paper which can resolve issue for heavy paper.
The BW pro 1100 and 6136 are not the same even though they look similar. The pro 1100 isn’t spec’d for coated and heavier weights...the sales rep should have made that clear and also the specifications state that. The 6136 is capable of both coated and heavier weights. One key difference is the 6136 is a 30amp power, while the Pro 1100 is only 20amp. That extra voltage enables fusing on heavier and coated stocks. Also, the 6136 has vacuum feed, and the pro 1100 only offers roller/friction feeders.
As for the mention of high cost of maintenance on the fuser, does your service contract not cover that? We just pay a cost per copy on ours and it covers all toner, parts, and labor.

Does anyone have any issues on KM 6136, printing black solid box on the 60lb offset paper? THen paper is folded in half but a ghost image from a black solid appears on the page where black box toches paper. THank you

Does anyone have any issues on KM 6136, printing black solid box on the 60lb offset paper? THen paper is folded in half but a ghost image from a black solid appears on the page where black box toches paper. THank you
If you can upload photos, people could be more helpful.

Good day Jwheeler. I trust u are well. I'm very curious to know if this problem with the 6136 black solid box issue printing with a ghost. I have a similar problem with my B6120 and any help at this point will be helpful. This machine has already done 5 million prints and the problem only recently occurred. I have an attachment as well. I wait for your response.

Thanks
Mally

Attachments

• TRIMS%201[1].png
    TRIMS%201[1].png
    933.6 KB · Views: 208
Just a reminder, lighter grammage like 80gsm is fine. The problem only occurs on the heavier stock like 200gsm upward. We've changed Dev, Tank, Drum, Charge. All of this never really resolved the problem. It made the print a little better but didn't completely resolve it.

Good day Jwheeler. I trust u are well. I'm very curious to know if this problem with the 6136 black solid box issue printing with a ghost. I have a similar problem with my B6120 and any help at this point will be helpful. This machine has already done 5 million prints and the problem only recently occurred. I have an attachment as well. I wait for your response.

Thanks
Mally
Sorry, I haven't seen that issue on our machines. I'd suggest reaching out to your service techs. My only suggestion would be to make sure the machine is set to the proper gsm, or even 1-2 steps higher.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back