Konica Minolta C3070 & C3080 attachments

willvp2408

Hello,

I was wondering about getting parts for a C3070 or C3080 Konica Minolta. My dealer found me a used C3080 but says they can't get attachments anymore for that model.
Can anyone confirm this? How can that model already not have replacement or new attachements for it? I think they are just trying to sell me a new C4070 is all.

Try calling JJ Bender. They will tell you if parts and accessories are hard to find. Because of supply chain issues, many are. Bender may have what you need. Your dealer may have them, but they are using them for parts right now.

Notwithstanding current supply chain issues affecting virtually all industries, this sounds like BS.
The C30nn series was replaced with the C40nn series only 18 months ago, so the former will be supported in terms of parts and consumables for the next 5+ years.
In reality this will be much longer, since the new models largely use the same parts and consumables.

I used to sell production gear for KM direct. There may be some legitimacy to the dealer's statement. I was working at KM when we switched from the C6000/C7000 series to the C1060/C1070 series of machines. They were a completely different base engine, paper decks, and finishers. For the next 3 series (C1070, C2070, and C3070) the paper decks and finishers remained nearly identical and were mostly compatible between them.

I left before they started selling the C4080 series, but a quick look at the spec sheet on the website shows that most of the accessories now have a different model number. Whenever KM did a major changeover like this, they did a massive push to sell off all existing inventory to clear out space for the new stuff. There was no way to get people accessories for the C6000/C7000's after a short while, unless we happened to pickup one when someone upgraded their old machine. But that stuff didn't last long at all since everyone in the region was looking for the same items. Even when we switched to the C3070 series, the paper decks went from PF-707 to PF-707m. We had a hard time finding PF-707's for used C1070's after a short while.

Looking at the spec sheets between the two, I do see there are some finishers that have kept the same model, however, the biggest problem is the Relay Unit. It is required to attached nearly every finisher/accessory. It was an RU-518 on the C3080, but it is now a RU-518m on the C4080 series. Beyond that, two of the common stacking finishers such as the FS-532 and LS-506 have changed to the FS-532m and LS-507 respectively.

Your best bet is to find the accessories online (eBay) or used equipment brokers like JJ Bender as @gregbatch recommended.

Last edited:
They might be a bit right about that, but at the same time trying to sell you a C4070.

I run a C3080, and while I haven't asked about any additional modules for it because we are already well-equipped, I suspect I might get the same answer from my dealer. Konica is several models ahead of the C30xx series now. We just got ours in 2020 and I already feel like its seen as antiquated.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back