Konica Minolta c6000 vs c7000??

Joy_G

Hello everyone,

I am new to this forum and would like to say hello!

My company prints mostly business cards, flyers, invoices, brochures, envelopes, menus, etc. We decided invest on a bigger digital printer as we are hoping to attract more customers. So I am looking for an affordable machine, which will have as lowest print cost as possible, with excellent print quality! We are between Konica Minolta c6000 and c7000 what do you think of the options? Which one you recommend?

Do they print 400 gsm paper, PVC cards?
I have heard that both machines have issues with printing envelopes is it true?
Which controller do you recommend the sales rep recommended the internal fiery (ic-413) controller what do you think?

Do I sign a contract for click, also what is a reasonable price for a black and white and color print?

Is there a chance Konica will bring out a new model soon, so would it be sensible to wait for the new model?

Have you used Konica c6000 or c7000 are there any issues you would like to point out? :confused:

Thank you for all your help

Best
Joy

ps. Apologies for all the constant questions…

They are 10cpm apart as far as speed, everything else should be pretty much the same. I'd out that 400 gsm is something that this machine is rated for. Most likely 300gsm. Google "bizhub press c6000 brochure" it should have many answers there.

Thank you for your answer. I have read both the brochures but I am trying to understand whether they are decent machines to invest on and whether their quality can be compared with offset printing. Also whether our company can offer competitive prices as in my country the printing prices are really low? Have you used any of these printers, if so is there anything to point out? Are they easy to operate?

Hi, they are descent machines for sure, quality is really good - machine we had for sale had only 220,000 pages on it so quality was awesome. I don't think you can compare Toner based machine VS Offset Press in quality, not in terms good or bad but in general, they are trying to make them close but not yet. Go with printing some samples and show them to your customers - make it about if your clients will accept it or not, say if you offset printed some flyers for the customer in the past, print the sample of the same job on Konica Minolta and show them, ask if they like it. We run Konica Minolta Bizhub Pro C65HC which is a Bizhub C6501P with high chroma toner and I just love that thing so do my customers. We have another one C65hc coming (I own Prinshop as well as Business Equipment Sales/Service company) with 230,000 pages on the meter, It is not as strong as Bizhub PRESS (for some reason I think that chassis/engine are the same) but it is a really nice machine, has fiery, finisher, LCC - $15,000. We can Crate for Overseas shipping and most likely ship to Seaport of your choice. Let me know if you interested.
Also - important, due to high wax content in toner, you need a specially formulated UV coating, (that is if plan to UV coat your products) if you outsource it, I'd out that your partners will start buying "special" UV liquid so that may pose some problems unless you already have the machine. Or you need to shop a different brand - Canon, Xerox.

i understand that the c6000 is being replaced in february, one would assume the same would apply to c7000 & c8000, but probably more of an upgrade than 'new' machine. there are some bargains to be had (demos/tradeins) & will be more of them once the (mainly) c6000 are traded after february. really it doesn’t matter the age of the machine if km are prepared to offer 4year+ service contract, so long as c6000 meets your specs, they are good all round machine imo, critically what is the km service like in your area? you should be able to pu a trade in (with service contract) for very compelling price, cheers

regards

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back