Konica Minolta C6000 with or without external rip

Advice needed
Hoping to purchase a C6000 in the next few weeks money a bit tight Im just a general jobbing printer can I get away with not purchasing an external rip or is this a false economy ?

These are not the only differences between the embedded and the external, but they are the ones on which most people make their decision:

• If you plan to do variable data in formats other than PS or PDF (i.e. PPML, VPS) then you have to go external as the embedded Fiery will not handle those files.
  • If you want to create tabs in a print file using the print driver rather than having the tabs already in the document and shifted over onto the tab you have to go external.
  • If your main workflow will be File > Print > Reprint, the color output you will see between the two will be exactly the same. Some of the options you can add on to the external RIP can change this, but most customers do not use those extra feature sets.
  • The external Fiery will process the jobs faster, the external system has twice the RAM and a faster processor.

If you were still looking for a C6000. We have one available with a meter count of only 165463.
Has a LU-202 Large Capacity Unit.
Does not have a rip.
thanks,
Mike

If you were still looking for a C6000. We have one available with a meter count of only 165463.
Has a LU-202 Large Capacity Unit.
Does not have a rip.
thanks,
Mike

I have a Konica 6500 IC-303 External Fiery RIP I could let go real cheap. It was used for only two months before we replaced the Konica equipment. I do not know if it is compatible with a C6000 though. It cost $32,000 new.

When it comes to the RIP, don't go cheap-o on it. The least expensive one may handle you needs today, but as you start building your business you will kick yourself in the rump when you find you needed the extra "stuff" that is bundled with the more expensive ones. The RIP is the brain of your printer, the one with the dunce hat won't cut it!!!

We are looking at decommissioning our km6500 with ext fiery IC303 & replacing with C6000. Altho the C6000 is 2nd hand it has less than 100k clicks (they are asking au$27k). It has the onboard fiery IC413 rip.

Please can anyone advise if the IC303 can drive the C6000? & will this be of any advantage?

Also is the price fair, I thought it was...km quoted nearly double a few months back?

thanks!

The older fierys are not forward compatible with new product. they have different video cards and are specific to that model.

that’s a bummer, but i guess expected. could it be reformatted and used as a desktop pc?

thanks!

The onboard video is disabled in the bios, unless it has a FACI kit installed it isn't good for anything other than being a fiery.
your best bet is ebay.

the other reason we are looking at the onboard fiery (besides that we dont do variable data images atm), is price. the IC413 is pretty good rip, the km rep said its whats most printers with c6000 buy
regards

Unless you are married to Fiery, and if cost is a concern, I'd give the KM controller (model IC-601) a serious look. It performs on par with the external IC-306 Fiery and is better-integrated with the engine.

I wonder why the km dealer didnt push their own product harder? Thanks, I will suss it out, cheers Adrian

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back