KONICA MINOLTA PRESS 6000 PRO 6000 PRO 6000L whats the difference ?

I went to a demonstration yesterday I thought I was going to see a Press 6000 at what seemed a very competitive price when I got there I was actually shown a pro 6000l .
I have already posted a question about wether I needed an external rip and the reply was I probably do At this moment in time what I am looking for is an entry level printer which will deliver consistant quality print on various substrates I have my own finishing equipment so basically I am after SR A3 printed sheets The demonstrator assured me that the c6000 box was basicaly the same except for the fiery and that you could not bolt on some of the finishing equipment unless you had the PRESS 6000 My question ? Is this true because there seems to be quite a difference in price

Last edited:
The finishing equipment does add a lot to the cost. We run a 6000 with embedded fiery and a 8000 with an external. There's not much difference between the two IMO. Critical color is hit or miss without KM's software called ColorCare, regardless if i run the 6000 or 8000. The C6000 is a pretty dependable machine, or 8000 is constantly breaking. C6000 is a good digital press for the money. I dont know the difference between the 6000, pro or pro 6000l, but i'm pretty sure its just add ons. Not a different machine.

Thank you Ernie for your reply
I am based in UK The quote I got for purchase was £27000+ on checking the internet I have seen a special offer price of £16800 for the 6000l where as the same firm quotes a special offer of £27889 for a bizhub C6000 needless to say they are not in my area when I look at the specifications I cant see much difference considering the prices. I just want to make sure I get the best value for my money .

You're welcome! We have been very happy with the C6000 (just don't expect the dependability of an offset press, it will be down from time to time). The service contract is priceless, i dont know how anyone would afford the repairs on a used piece of equipment.

BTW be sure to get the best trays they have, the cheaper ones, don't allow for close registration. Our registration is down to 1/32", with the cheaper tray it was around 1/16".

Like i said if you are color critical get them to throw in Color Care. It will allow you to adjust density across the sheet (left to right), and set up a baseline to adjust your gamma to so you will be able to reproduce the color. Seems like KM would have that part automated inside the press, but they dont. Be sure you get training on the Color Care as well. Good luck!

Last edited:
I would recommend asking your sales rep for a list of specs on the two machines. but basically the engine is going to be the same, finishing equipment and rip related hard/softwear is where the majority of the differences are going to be

Asked rep and he basicaly confirmed what Emtri said .If purchasing the C6000L at this moment in time I would not be able to add any finishing equipment because it was chipped differently .this may change in the future (somebody may hack the chip code) I've decided to purchased the C6000l and recieved the agreement to sign .
Now noticed they want £85.00 to process the agreement plus £40.00 per month to cover the Rip. None of this was mentioned in the original proposal . I've queeried this and will probably get the £85 waived as for the rip charge I said surely it must be guaranteed for twelve months they say it's only three months! can this be right ?

The C6000L is simply a C6000 that can only be configured with the 2500 sheet paper feed option(LU202), an embedded RIP, and the multi-function finisher option(FS612). You can configure a C6000 with identical options and it will be more expensive than a C6000L, so if those are the only functions you require then the C6000L is the way to go.

The options that you lose with the C6000L:
1) The PF602 is a 6000 sheet paper feed unit that is not available on the C6000L. The PF602 will register better on heavy cover because it has stronger side guides and contains a centering sensor that the LU202 does not. This was mentioned briefly in a previous post.

2) You cannot add any professional finishing options on the C6000L including the RU509 relay unit. The RU509 houses the de-curler and Color Density Control (CDC) system. The CDC is beneficial if you have the demand for consistent color day in day out and across different substrates. The CDC reads a solid density gradation printed on the substrate being used and adjusts color on the fly to maintain a baseline. To clarify what was said in a previous post - you can use ColorCare to set up the baseline engine profile, but you do not need to manually adjust gamma when using the CDC. When the CDC is enabled, density is controlled by the CDC and not by the gamma adjustment function.

3) The external RIP is going to do a better job of processing VDP, static files with several pages, or static files that are larger sizes. The base functionality of the embedded vs. external Fiery are identical. The external has more processing horsepower and there are some additional software packages it supports that the embedded does not.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back