KSBA letterpress help

Bretman

Hi gang,
Hope you all had a Merry Christmas and wish you a happy new year.
I am helping out an older letterpress shop across town and am in need of the packing spec's for an 18 x 24 Heidi KSBA letterpress. They still print some items on this and we need tempin and underlay packing spec's for the cylinder. An operators manual would be awsum as well. I know this is rare, but if any "old timers" happen to have this or could direct me, it would be much appreciated.

Bretman

we have a ks which I assume is similar. when numbering with what I can only guess is .918 height liebinger numbering box. I use .052 packing and about .010 tympan paper. but I do like to have a good crash impression. my suggestion is trial and error. there is no way to tell if your bed and cylinder is in original condition just start low and add .005 or .010 till you get close.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back