Laser power supply failure on Xcalibur 45 CTP

cristian

Hello guys, I am new to the forum, I started working two months ago in this field, also I'll be going to training in Belgium to the Agfa's offices in the near future.

I am kindly asking you to support me with the following problem: A customer of mine a has an issue regarding a failure error with the laser power supply. I called him to ask him some details regarding the situation and he explained me that there was some problems since the installation of the CTP, eventually the CTP worked, a few months ago he had several problems with the “laser power supply” of the CTP and that he replaced some capacitors. This customer bought this CTP(XCalibur45) ~1 year ago through some local providers, the installation of the equipment was made also by a local service acquaintance. Last week, he contacted us to ask if we could help him with the problem related.

Below I some photos attached.

If you could be so kind to help me provide some support for this customer, I’ll be grateful.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Attachments

• error .pdf
    148.8 KB · Views: 185
  • error 2.pdf
    350.5 KB · Views: 207
  • error plate mgr.pdf
    120.2 KB · Views: 200
Hello guys, I am new to the forum, I started working two months ago in this field, also I'll be going to training in Belgium to the Agfa's offices in the near future.

I am kindly asking you to support me with the following problem: A customer of mine a has an issue regarding a failure error with the laser power supply. I called him to ask him some details regarding the situation and he explained me that there was some problems since the installation of the CTP, eventually the CTP worked, a few months ago he had several problems with the “laser power supply” of the CTP and that he replaced some capacitors. This customer bought this CTP(XCalibur45) ~1 year ago through some local providers, the installation of the equipment was made also by a local service acquaintance. Last week, he contacted us to ask if we could help him with the problem related.

Below I some photos attached.

If you could be so kind to help me provide some support for this customer, I’ll be grateful.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Hi,

Replace the Laser power supply inside the imager. It is still defective and repair job on the laser power supply hasn't been carried out properly or within manufacturer spec. Do this first without considering other errors. Follow the instruction for replacement of the power supply in the service manual.
Install a line conditioner for protection of the system.
Good luck with the training in Belgium!
Hope this will help!

Last edited:

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back